diary of a manic obsessive.

7.08.2009

Wordy Wednesday: Bob Dylan

You know his voice, you know his name and most of all, you know his wordies.

This weeks Wordy Wednesday feature is the great...

Bob Dylan


Bob Dylan is beyond iconic to say the least. He's created a musical style, sent inspirational lyrics into the atmosphere and even made a Hohner Harmonica Holder look kinda sexy.


He's been referenced a million times over even inspiring the fictional character Dewey Cox (played by the hilarious John C. Reily in Walk Hard) to change his musical style & write a sick song called "Royal Jelly". He is rumored to have had a short lived fling with (my fabulous tragic idol) Edie Sedgwick, has been inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and even wrote a song called "Sara". (which may or not be my real name... tee hee).



The lyrical genius started his career in 1961 playing various clubs in Greenwich Village and has come so far that this past April (2009) his 33rd record dropped, hitting the top of the charts in it's first week in the UK. He's a poet, a painter, and a soulful protestor.

A mind like this would obviously come up with the most insightful lines, comments and life advice. Here are some of my favourites:

"All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie."

"Chaos is a friend of mine."

"He not busy being born is busy dying."

"I don't think the human mind can comprehend the past and the future. They are both just illusions that can manipulate you into thinking theres some kind of change."

"I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours."

"In ceremonies of the horsemen, even the pawn must hold a grudge."

"Well, I quit my job so I could work alone,
Then I changed my name to sherlock holmes.
Followed some clues from my detective bag
And discovered they wus red stripes on the american flag!
That ol’ betty ross . . ." - Talk'n John Birch Society Blues

& my personal favourite today...

"No one is free, even the birds are chained to the sky."



The self proclaimed "spokesman for a generation" has the raw talent of being both inspirational and depressing at the same time, taught us the best life lesson - "all i can do is be me. whoever that is", and of course informed us when the times, they were a-changin.



Thank you for the dreamy melodies, the insightful stanzas, & the tunes that make us want to close our eyes & twirl barefoot in a field.
luvs it*

1 comment:

who luvs me?

Related Posts with Thumbnails