diary of a manic obsessive.

7.06.2009

Manic Monday!

Welcome to the first ever Spanky Luvs It Manic Monday post.
Once a week i'll blog about something i'm currently luv'n extra. (so much that i'm crazy about it!)

this weeks Manic Monday topic is...

RED


"You know those days when you get the mean reds?"
"The mean reds, you mean like the blues?"
"No. The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?"
"Sure"
"Well, when I get it the only thing that does any good is to jump in a cab and go to Tiffany's. Calms me down right away. The quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there. If I could find a real-life place that'd make me feel like Tiffany's, then - then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name!"
-Holly GoLightly & Paul "fred" Varjak, Breakfast at Tiffany's

I've been feeling a bit of the *mean reds* lately, but i've also been mad OVER red, especially as an accent colour.


Nails:
The red nails are fun. I used to go either sans polish, or paint some black on & call it a day. (black goes with everything, so why not?) I'm always a little nervous about picking a specific colour for nails because i'm way to lazy to keep removing & repainting according to my outfit & colours can clash if you're not careful. Well, i'm kinda over it. Unless I plan on wearing a neon pink or orange dress, no one is going to notice. Red nails have become a standard again in young Hollywood (which is cute because red always makes me think of OLD Hollywood). Luvrs of the red nail are L.Lohan, the Olsens, and nail polish conesuir, Lauren Conrad.

i recently bought "Cherry on Top" from Victoria Secret ($7 or bundle specials of 3/$15 or 6/$20)



Lips:
Classsssssic. Nothing takes a little black dress or a white tee & jeans to a different level like a red lip. Unfortunately for ME, i haven't found a lipstick that i really like or trust. I've tried a few & have never been thrilled with them (maybe because i'm a little bit cheap & don't buy $50 lipsticks from Sephora!) I've tried the non-kiss off, the gloss, a darker shade, a bolder shade, but i can't find one that i really luv. (anyone got a hot red lip tip? i'd luv to know!) Luvrs of the red lip are C. Aguilera, G. Stefani, L. Conrad & of course, the Queen - Marilyn Monroe.




Clips:
Sometimes i like to splash in a bit more colour with accessories. Hair clips are a very easy & hassle free way to do this. Since a lot of the time i wear the front pinned back anyway with a bobby, i might as well add a little clip there as well. On the side, on the top of a pony, or even just clipped into loose 'do.
I bought the "Rasta Bow Hair Clip" set of 3 colours (duh, rasta, red, yellow, green) from HotTopic ($6). They also have other fun varieties like the silver, blue & pink set that are totally glitterfied & the 80's snow leopard set i bought my lil sis. Be careful though ladies, she's cute, but you don't want to have too much of a Matilda Moment.


Bracelet:
So the karmic trend of the Kabbalah bracelet might be soo over, but this cute little bracelet from BleuDame.com is a luvly little accent (& we can tell ourselves that it's bringing us inner peace if we want!) I used to wear the red & black until they broke (& i made a wish...). I'm wearing the blue one right now! $1.80 & the thing has been on for months through showers, swimming, even spray tanning & still looks great (& not tan).


Earphones:
Sure, there is something to be said for the Apple EarBudd symbol, but as a girl with tragically small ears, they don't fit me. So, i was forced to look elsewhere. I'm glad that i did, because now i have these hot little budds from SkullCandy ($19.95). The earphones are called "INKD" & come in a bunch of colours. I have red! (i also have these hot rasta "smok'n budds" starting at $29.95) They make for an extra flare & personality, even if you're sweating your butt off at the gym.


Charity:
If you don't already know about the (RED) foundation, you should look into it. It's an amazing organization devoted 397759to raising money to fight AIDS in Africa. The organization has teamed up with such companies as Gap, Apple and American Express to heighten the awareness and raise money through product sales & donations. The king of the Celebu-RED movement, Bono, pulled me in years ago with the sister company "One". I became involved DURING a U2 concert!



What colours are you currently obsessed with? Do you have any rivals to the products i've listed? How else could one rock out with a mean red? tell me! I gotta know! after all...

"it's just another manic monday"
luvs it*

4 comments:

  1. I love love red! and the earphones are a great idea, esp since the ones that came with my ipod SUCK.

    ReplyDelete

who luvs me?

Related Posts with Thumbnails