Obviously the Thirsty Thursday is gong to be about Alice in Wonderland...
Here's a recipe for a drink that i've never had, but i plan to order tonight, before the movie!
Alice in Wonderland Cocktail
- 1 part Amaretto
- 1 part Grand Marnier (orange liqueur)
- 1 part Southern Comfort
- 2 oz Absolut Vodka
- 1/4 oz lime juice
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Splash of Grenadine
- club soda
Mad Hatter Cocktail
- 2 parts Vodka (freezer temp)
- 1 part Cointreau
- 1 part peach schnapps (archers)
- 1 part Bacardi
- 1 part Mango juice
White Rabbit Cocktail
- 3 ounces Vodka
- 3 ounces Vanilla Liqueur
- 1 ounce milk
served on the rocks.
Of course, you could always be lame...
Iced *Tea* Cocktail
- 1 to 2 parts Earl Grey-infused vodka (see below)
- 2 parts lemon soda (E.g., Limonata, Squirt, Fresca, 7-UP)
- a sprig of mint (optional)
- a thinly sliced lemon (optional)
- a splash of simple syrup (optional)
To make Earl Grey-infused vodka: For a 750 ml bottle, steep 4 tea bags for four to five hours (or until it's brewed-tea color; don't let it sit too long, or it will get bitter and tannic).
Simple syrup is equal parts by measure of sugar and water, heated to dissolve the sugar, and cooled.
To construct cocktail: Fill a tall glass with ice. Pour one to two parts vodka (depending on how strong you like it over ice. Add two parts lemon soda as a mixer. Add lemon, mint, and/or simple syrup if desired.
[source: Chuck from Yahoo Answers]